Weather forecast: Sunday showers to bring chilly Monday
- WEATHER: LIVE Klystron 9 radar | Get Bay News 9+ app | Sign up for news alerts
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
- Submitted via Bay News 9+ app: Blue skies over the Gandy Bridge on Friday afternoon, January 20, 2016.
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
Saturday will feature warm conditions with higher humidity. Winds will be breezy from the south.
@BN9: Weather forecast: Sunday showers to bring chilly Monday.
ST. PETERSBURG —
Skies will be partly cloudy into early Saturday morning. There will also be some areas of fog.
Morning lows will be mild, mainly in the 60s.
Saturday will feature warm conditions with higher humidity. Winds will be breezy from the south. Highs will top out in the upper 70s to low 80s.
With the increase in moisture, there is the possibility of a few spotty showers today. Outdoor plans today should not be affected by the weather outside of an increasing rip current risk by late today.
Overnight a few more showers are possible especially north. Lows will be warm, stopping in the mid to upper 60s.
During Sunday, a squall line will be developing in the Gulf of Mexico and head our way. Some of those storms will be strong to possibly severe. The main threats within that line would be strong wind and an isolated tornado threat does exist.
The timing of the line of storms is still somewhat in question, but mid day through the afternoon seems most likely at this point.
Once all that comes through we’ll have cooler air coming in for Monday.