Weather forecast: Temps continue to drop sharply overnight
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- WEATHER: LIVE Klystron 9 radar | Get Bay News 9+ app | Sign up for news alerts
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
- Every week, Bay News 9 salutes an Everyday Hero making a positive difference in the Bay area community.
- Get instant Severe Weather & Breaking News alerts delivered directly to your cell phone or email with Bay News 9 NOW .
Lows tonight will be in the mid 30s for Tampa Bay to near 30 north. Wind chills will be a danger Sunday morning.
@BN9: #Tampa #weather forecast: Temps continue to drop sharply overnight
ST. PETERSBURG —
The cold weather we’ve been talking about all week has arrived. Here’s the forecast for Saturday as well as the rest of the weekend.
Temperatures will continue to drop sharply tonight, and north winds continue.
Lows tonight will be in the mid 30s for Tampa Bay to near 30 north. Gusty winds will prevent any frost, but wind chills will be a danger Sunday morning.
Plants are not affected by wind chill — only by the temperatures. Animals, on the other hand, are affected by the wind chill. Bring pets inside!
On Sunday, skies become sunny, but it will still be windy. Highs will only be in the low to mid 50s, but it will feel colder.
Sunday night temperatures will plummet again. Lows will again be in the upper 30s for Tampa, mid 30s inland to near 30 north.
If the winds go calm, frost will be a risk. But some wind is likely to linger, so frost will not be widespread.
After the cold start Monday, temperatures will begin to climb, getting into the mid 60s. Starting Tuesday, highs will be back into the 70s. Rain chances will be nearly zero though the work week.