Woman accused of smearing bananas on cars at Trump’s Florida club
- WEATHER: LIVE Klystron 9 radar | Get Bay News 9+ app | Sign up for news alerts
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
- Get instant Severe Weather & Breaking News alerts delivered directly to your cell phone or email with Bay News 9 NOW .
- Every week, Bay News 9 salutes an Everyday Hero making a positive difference in the Bay area community.
- Woman accused of smearing bananas on cars at Trump’s Florida club
A woman is being charged with sneaking onto President Donald Trump’s private Mar-a-Lago club and smearing bananas on cars.
@BN9: #Florida woman goes ‘bananas’ at Trump’s Florida club.
A woman is being charged with sneaking onto President Donald Trump’s private Mar-a-Lago club shortly before his inauguration and smearing bananas on cars.
Palm Beach Police say in a report released Monday that 48-year-old Kelly Weidman also typed a profanity about Trump on a Mar-a-Lago computer and moved some ballroom balloons outside a few hours before Trump was sworn-in Friday.
She was confronted by security guards, who called police. She allegedly told officers she wanted to be arrested because no one was paying attention to her claim of being cyber attacked. She was charged with misdemeanor trespassing and released.
Because Trump wasn’t at the ritzy club, the Secret Service wasn’t involved.
No one answered a phone number listed for Weidman on Monday and court records didn’t list an attorney.