Nearly a dozen died in Georgia following storm
- WEATHER: LIVE Klystron 9 radar | Get Bay News 9+ app | Sign up for news alerts
- Get instant Severe Weather & Breaking News alerts delivered directly to your cell phone or email with Bay News 9 NOW .
- Every week, Bay News 9 salutes an Everyday Hero making a positive difference in the Bay area community.
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
- State emergency management officials say 11 people are dead and 23 are injured after severe weather struck central Georgia.
Catherine Howden of the Georgia Emergency Management Agency said Sunday morning that the deaths 11 occurred in Cook, Brooks and Berrien counties.
@BN9: Eleven people died in Central #Georgia overnight following severe weather.
Catherine Howden of the Georgia Emergency Management Agency said Sunday morning that the deaths occurred in Cook, Brooks and Berrien counties.
She said the deaths were related to severe weather, but could not specify whether tornadoes were the cause. Tornado warnings had been issued for parts of Georgia overnight.