Just another Network site

Deaths, injuries growing from improper generator use

Deaths, injuries growing from improper generator use - here's how to use one correctly

  • ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Deaths and injuries from improper generator use are growing across Tampa Bay, including:

    Here’s how to properly use a generator:

    Carbon monoxide has no color or smell, and portable generators can produce high levels very quickly, officials said.

  • Those who start to feel sick, dizzy or weak while using a generator should get fresh air immediately.

Deaths and injuries from improper generator use are growing across Tampa Bay.

@10NewsWTSP: Deaths, injuries growing from improper generator use – here’s how to use one correctly

Generators and gas grills should be operated in well-ventilated locations, outdoors, away from all doors, windows and vent openings.

Never use a generator or gas grill in an attached garage, even with the door open.

Do not use dryer cords to power your house.

Place generators so that exhaust fumes can’t enter the home through windows, doors or other openings in the building.

Install carbon monoxide alarms in your home. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for correct placement and mounting height.

Carbon monoxide has no color or smell, and portable generators can produce high levels very quickly, officials said.

Deaths, injuries growing from improper generator use

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.