Chinese detergent maker sorry for harm done by racist ad
- The ad for Qiaobi laundry detergent, which has drawn millions of views on YouTube, shows a black man pushed into a washing machine and emerging later as a light-skinned Asian man.
- “We hope that Chinese brands will continue to find success in international markets,” the company added.
- The company said in the statement that it strongly opposes racism and had stopped airing the ad.
- The company earlier suggested there was nothing wrong with the 50-second ad and blamed foreign media for being “too sensitive” about it.
- Many have taken to social media to say they find the ad “stupid” or “offensive.
Read the full article, click here.
@10NewsWTSP: “Chinese detergent maker sorry for harm done by racist ad.”