Ground stop lifted, United Airlines flights set to resume
- WEATHER: LIVE Klystron 9 radar | Get Bay News 9+ app | Sign up for news alerts
- STAY WITH BAY NEWS 9 for the latest on Sunday evening’s severe weather .
- Get instant Severe Weather & Breaking News alerts delivered directly to your cell phone or email with Bay News 9 NOW .
- Every week, Bay News 9 salutes an Everyday Hero making a positive difference in the Bay area community.
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
Company spokeswoman Maddie King said in a brief statement that it issued a ground stop in the U.S. because of an ‘IT issue.’
@BN9: (AP) Ground stop lifted, United Airlines flights set to resume
(AP) United Airlines says domestic flights are on the move again after being grounded Sunday because of a computer problem.
Company spokeswoman Maddie King says the “IT issue” that initially caused the ground stop has been resolved and flights are resuming, but customers may experience additional delays. She didn’t give any more details.
Chicago-based United Airlines and United Express operate more than 4,500 flights a day to 339 airports across five continents.