St. Pete woman arrested after allegedly throwing feminine hygiene product at police
- WEATHER: LIVE Klystron 9 radar | Get Bay News 9+ app | Sign up for news alerts
- Every week, Bay News 9 salutes an Everyday Hero making a positive difference in the Bay area community.
- Get instant Severe Weather & Breaking News alerts delivered directly to your cell phone or email with Bay News 9 NOW .
- Police say Fields removed the tampon and threw it, hitting an officer in the shoulder.
- St. Petersburg Police arrested Tacora Fields, 28, aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer.
She was charged with aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer.
@BN9: A St. Petersburg woman is accused of throwing a tampon at a police officer
ST. PETERSBURG —
A St. Petersburg woman was arrested on Monday after police say she hit an officer with her tampon.
According to police, Tacora Fields, 28, was in the middle of a physical confrontation when officers arrived on scene.
When police stepped in to break up the fight, Fields reportedly threatened to hit an officer with her feminine hygiene product.
And then, officers say, that’s exactly what she did.
Police say Fields removed the tampon and threw it, hitting an officer in the shoulder.
Authorities say Fields attempted to run, prompting the officer to use his stun gun before taking her into custody.
She was charged with aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer. She was released Tuesday on a $5,000 bond.